Saturday, February 1, 2014

Loving it sick!

I know...snappy title.  I'm a classy bird. Let's begin by glossing over the fact that my last post was on 5th December.  I'm calling it PMSD (Post Move Stress Disorder).  How do folks in the military do it? I'm normally a highly organised efficiency machine but the move paralysed me.  Not sure if it was the physical exhaustion or perhaps the hole that got punched in the wall hours before we moved out or maybe it was the the removalists being 3 hours late.  It was probably the fact that we were still having our furniture unloaded at 8pm on a Friday night that did me over in the end.  NEVER AGAIN!  From now on when I drool over gorgeous homes and make noises about dream locations etc I shall remember my furniture being sweated all over and my children eating a box of Chicken Crimpys two hours past bedtime (yep, that was dinner) and think....NEVER AGAIN!

But, all the stressy stuff aside we are in and I can honestly say my heart is full. This house feels like home.  Each day we add a layer of ourselves and it feels like the house that should have always been ours.  The neighbourhood is beautiful.  And it's not just the amazing 1930's Grand Dames we are surrounded by, it's the people.  I used to spend my mornings at the old house gazing out the window pretending I couldn't smell next doors passive smoke.  Here...I look out over Toohey Mountain and smile and wave as folks walk dogs and children and head to the coffee shop on the corner.  I'm not just talking it up....it's actually that good.

So, here are some of my amateur pics.  Stay tuned for some more snazzy versions coming up.  We have been approached by a fab Brisbane blogger to have our home featured on her blog.  I won't give away anything yet but I'm flattered, stoked and all kinds of excited.  I'll put up a link when it all happens.

Here she is...the one that stole my heart.



How beautiful are the entry gates.



The original french doors between the kitchen and dining room.



My dining room.  Where I am sitting currently typing away (cheesy grin on face).



The view from the deck back into the family room and kitchen.




The original built in cabinetry in the Formal Lounge bay window.
Swoon!



The window seat in our bedroom.
I've already changed the curtains since this pic.



We (of course) have changes planned and one of them is the splashback tiles in the kitchen.  We wanted something punchy but classic so we chose this series of 9 20x20 tiles and we are going to take them to the ceiling.  The kitchen update project is still a little way off but it was love at first site with these babies.  The heart wants what the heart wants.

So...plenty more photos to come.  The best way to keep up is via Instagram @WHOANELLY_

We're off to the California Design exhibition at GOMA today.  We're probably the last to see it but we're seeing it none the less...and kid free!  Followed by lunch...kid free! I guess you could call it Date Day.

Joydee x



No comments:

Post a Comment